Our school aims to to ensure equality for all in accordance with the Public Sector Equality Duty and aims to:
- Eliminate discrimination and other conduct that is prohibited by the Equality Act 2010
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
- Foster good relations across all characteristics – between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
You can read our Equal Opportunities Policy by clicking below; this has further detail on our four Equality Objectives which are listed below. These targets are detailed in our School Development Plan and are regularly reviewed.
- Continue to ensure that recruitment procedures provide equal opportunity for applicants of minority ethnic communities, genders, faiths and disability to be successful in gaining a position at Leigh Primary School.
- To narrow the gap by raising the % of all pupil premium children who are at their progress target by the end of Summer 2022.
- To narrow the attainment gap with regard to the percentage of boys and girls reaching Expected+ in Reading, Writing and Maths by Summer 2022.
- To ensure that all children have the equal opportunity to access a high-quality education through improve attendance rates for all. To ensure that children who are identified as persistently absent and have little support at home make at least good progress and show narrowing of the gap in all core subjects..